Keeping Safe and Feeling Happy
From time to time life can feel a bit tricky. At Little Hadham there are lots of ways that we can help you to feel safer and happier.
If an adult is making you feel unsafe or scared at home or at school – you must tell someone and you will be helped. If you don’t have a trusted adult that you feel that you can talk to call Childline 0800 1111
Feeling unsafe at school or at home?
- Use your network hand – who have you written on your network hand? Can you talk to these people about your worries?
- Your class teacher will always make time you if you are worried about something.
- Use the friendship bench if you’re feeling lonely at lunch-times or break-times.
- Write down what you are feeling and give the note to a trusted adult.
- Talk to a friend, they might come to an adult with you.
- You must protect yourself.
The main themes of Protective Behaviours are:-
- We all have the right to feel safe all of the time
- Nothing is so Awful (or so small) that we can’t talk about it
Struggling with learning?
- Remember that it’s not that I can’t do it, I just can’t do it YET.
- Having help and support from my teacher or a friend will help me to understand – this is positive.
- Talk to your grown ups at home and to your class teacher – they can help you to understand which parts you need help with and give you some tips.
- Remember that our very best learning comes when we make mistakes.